AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
Making the determination to repair or replace an air conditioner can be a bit of a challenge that needs balance. Needing a single repair, even a costly repair, isn’t necessarily an indication you should replace the A/C system. If your primary consideration is financial, we suggest you look at your total cost of replacement and operation over the next 10 to 20 years.
- Air conditioners built after 2006 can be up to 60% more efficient.
- Most air conditioners have a warranty of 5 to 10 years that will cover the cost of the parts if the A/C system was properly maintained and had regular tune-ups.
- Older units may need more expensive repairs
- If the air conditioner is off warranty and there is a substantial repair, that money could go towards a more efficient new system. The operational savings of the new system along with the knowledge that you will eventually need to replace the current air conditioner anyway may tilt the balance in favor of a new system.
- If this is your second or third larger repair it may be an indicator that it is time to replace your system.
Don’t skip regular maintenance of your A/C system!
Keeping your system maintained extends it’s life, lowers its cost of operation and helps to maintain its warranty. Make sure you have the air conditioner maintenance plan. Remember, if you have repairs made and have the maintenance plan for regular A/C tune-ups, parts and labor will be guaranteed for 5 years.
What We’ve Learned About Air Conditioning Installation
30 years of air conditioner replacement has taught us that home owners seldom look forward to the process. Costs, inconvenience, time away from work and having strangers in your home truly needs to be more than offset by the improvement in the: savings, comfort, reliability, and peace of mind from your new A/C installation. One Call truly understands that and goes out of our way to minimize the former and enhance the later. There is an old saying in business “There are three things to consider in making a purchase: Quality, Service and Price – Pick Two”. We know that balance is the word that each home owner needs to consider and having the advice of a trusted professional is worth the extra cost.
Air Conditioning Installation Cost
There is no simple answer as to the cost of replacing an air conditioner. All the components come separately and have to be designed to fit properly. The components are only part of the cost. Some websites will quote prices but that is only for the individual components not the labor or design. Simply replacing the components with similar will ensure you’re paying more for energy over the next 10 to 20 years eating up any savings and costing you much more in the long run. The cost to replace an air conditioning system will depend on many factors such as: the size of the home (some homes have more than one A/C unit), the quality of the replacement air conditioner and the energy efficiency of the home. Today’s higher efficiency air conditioners also carry higher initial costs so balancing efficiency of the unit with the cost has to be balanced with the energy efficiency of the home.
The first consideration you need to be able to make is financial. Are you able and willing to spend more now in order to save even more over the years to come? If so then it opens you up to many areas that can be examined such as the energy efficiency of the: home, A/C unit and air ducts. If not then you will be limited to the quality and efficiency of the replacement A/C unit.
If your home has never had an energy audit and you’re willing to invest in one, that can be the best foundation to a long term savings plan. Homes that can control the energy used will benefit from smaller air conditioners. Smaller air conditioners that are also more efficient benefit from smaller air ducts and having sealed and insulated ducts will help even more. Imagine saving 60% or more on utility costs over the next 10 to 20 years. Hopefully you get the idea why it is so important to give consideration to replacing your air conditioning system and having a true professional install it to ensure the savings are optimized.
Why Pick One Call to Replace Your Air Conditioner
- 30 Years Of Experience and Regular Training
- Background Check & Drug Testing
- Licensed & Insured
- Financing Available
- Assist With All Available Rebates And Tax Credits
- Willing to Commit to Fixed Rate Pricing. The Price Quoted is the Price Paid in Writing Before We Start.
- All Work Meets Local Safety and Building Codes As A Minimum.
- 10 Year Warranty Available With Maintenance Plan.
- Protect Your Home & Clean Up Afterwards.
Quality, Service,Price – Pick two